Please get in touch to recommend further so we can keep adding to this list.
- Pachinko by Min Jin Lee.
- Diamond Boy by Michael Williams.
- Abela: The Girl Who Saw Lions by Berlie Doherty.
- Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche.
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden.
- Half a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche.
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini.
- The White Tiger by Arvind Adiga.
- Mornings in Jenin by Susan Abulhawa.
- On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong.
- Half the Sky by Nicholas D Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas.
- All the Words Unspoken – Serena Kaur Gainda
- Queenie by Candice Carty Williams.
- Girl,Woman,Other .
- The Underground Railroad.: Colson Whitehead.
- Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race – Reni Eddo-Lodge.
- Why are all the Black Kids sitting together in the Cafeteria, by Beverly Daniel Tatum.
- Feminism is for everybody – bell hooks.
- ‘It’s Not About The Burqa’ – Edited by Mariam Khan.
- Do Muslim Women need saving? – Lila Abu-Lughod
- The Good Immigrant – Nikesh Shukla.
- Coconut Unlimited – Nikesh Shukla.
- Fight like a Girl – Clementine Ford.
- Orientalism – Edward Said.
- LA 92.
- Girl, Woman, Other: Bernardine Evaristo.
- Homecoming: voices of the Windrush Generation: Colin Grant.
- Black and British: A Forgotten History: David Olusaga.
- Me and White Supremacy: Layla F Saad.
- all about love, bell hooks (anything by bell hooks).
- 13th (Netflix).
- Get out.
- The Long Goodbye (youtube film, Riz Ahmed).
- The Hate U Give
- Melanin Millenials.
- Ground Ego.
- Intersectionality matters.
- Africa Yesterday
Speeches/ Spoken word.
- ‘Aint I a woman’ by Soujourner Truth, delivered extemporaneously, by Sojourner Truth (1797–1883), born into slavery in New York State. Some time after gaining her freedom in 1827, she became a well known anti-slavery speaker.
- ‘We Should all be Feminists’ – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
- Diary of a Pilgrim – Spoken Thiiird.
- The Long Goodbye- Riz Ahmed.